I have been watching the movement of Representative John Lewis from his hometown to the Capitol Rotunda, to be put on display.
This man was a furious warrior fighting for the black community. He marched with Martin Luther King. He was beaten many times, and was arrested 40 times for his support for the black community.
No man, since Martin Luther King, has done more for civil rights in our country.
He spent over 16 years in Congress.
Was he a Democrat or a Republican? DOESN’T MATTER!
He fought for what was right.
We need to find more leaders like him. Dedicated to helping others and fighting for what is right.
I am switching to some negative things to bring up another point.
Portland, Oregon has had 60 straight days of rioting. There are many fires, many beatings, many arrests, and many people hurt badly. Many of those hurt are police officers, trying to keep the peace.
The Federal Government has come to help. We will see how that works out.
There is widespread rioting in many other big cities. Interesting in that all of those cities are run by Democrats.
So, should we forgive those who are rioting? If so, how many times should we forgive?
Jesus told a parable about forgiving. It started when Peter asked him how many times should he forgive? Seven times? (That was four more times than the Jewish acceptable number.)
Jesus rebuked him and said, “No! 70×7!” That is 490 times. (Matthew 18: 21-34.)
Some things to remember:
- As longs as there are issues, there is an opportunity for forgiveness.
- Our God is a forgiving God. (How many times have you asked Him to forgive you?)
- Forgiving others is a must to be a part of God’s Kingdom.
- We must mirror God’s love and forgiveness.
Some other thoughts:
- God has help mend any hearts that are broken.
- My sin was great, but God’s love was greater.
- For God so loved the world that He sent his only son, so that we may have eternal life.
- Pray for our leaders in the nation, and in your home state, to make decisions that are for the good of the people, and not themselves.
Think on these things, and be at peace knowing that God is watching over you and protects you.
You are never alone.
You are never forskaen.
You are never unloved.
And above all, never, ever, give up!
Leave a Reply