It is Saturday. Should be a break for many of you, but since I am retired every day is Saturday. Sounds like I am rubbing it on you? Not at all. It is very hard to be retired and not be able to leave your home.
I have been climbing the walls. Charlotte and I take breaks by going on rides to nowhere. We just get in the car and start driving. We have found many places close to us that we have never seen before. We even drove into a closed community by accident, and could only get out when a homeowner opened the gate. That was an interesting adventure.
How are you holding up? Are you also climbing your walls? Are you frustrated on how we are in a lock down? Do you try to find excuses to travel in your car to nowhere? You certainly are not alone.
As you can see you are not alone.
- God didn’t promise a rose garden, and besides there are the thorns.
- Every day is a new day. Embrace it.
- 99% of all the worry we face doesn’t happen. Give the rest to God.
- We need to TRUST. We need to trust that God is with us always. There is no place to hide. He will find you and help you through your storms.
- All storms end.
- Use the storms to make you even stronger.
- It is hard at best to face the world, but if God is for us who can be against us?
- Life seems like two steps forward and one step back, but you are still going forward.
- When you hit a wall, climb over it, dig under it, or go around it. Never let it stop you.
- “I can do all things through Christ who give me strength.” (Phil 4:13.)
I have been to the bottom of the muck and mire. God pulled me out and made me whole again. He can do that for you as well.
Don’t let the dark side dictate to you. Embrace the light of Jesus and let Him guide you. He is always there for you.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!