One of the hardest things for me to face is how the United States is so divided. It breaks my heart to see this happening, and I am not sure how to correct it.
The recent happens in Congress has even the most loyal Americans cringing.
Our country is so divided. What can we do to try to heal our wounds?
It is easy to say everything will be OK, but not everyone agrees with that.
There are people protesting and causing riots. There are people who boycott businesses they disagree with.
I have all kinds of suggestions, but people have to follow through to make them work:
- Pray for our leaders. This is a tough one for many, because they hate our leaders. To me it doesn’t matter what party is in charge I will be praying for the president.
- Don’t believe much of the news you see. The fake news is running rampant now.
- Take care of your own nest. Make sure your family is happy. They are your inner circle.
- Spend time at your church meeting people who agree with your beliefs are. That sounds kind of silly doesn’t it? However, we need to make friendships with the right people. The people of your church may be the pillar you need to lean on.
- Speaking of church, I have also seen people coming to the services, and leaving with a blank look on their faces. They didn’t hear anything. They just come to show people they are “Christians.”
I exercise at least twice a week. I do the treadmill for one half hour. It gets me going, and the rest of the day I am eager to do things. Talking more about # 5 above, It is great to be in good physical shape, but it is even better to be in good spiritual shape.
- God has work plans for you. Even if you are a senior citizen like me. Serve God just as hard as the others. God will use you no matter what you age is.
- We only on this planet called earth for a short time. Use you time wisely.
- People are so afraid of failure. I can’t tell all the times I failed and grew more because of them. Do not fear failure.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all… never, ever, give up!