This will be my first blog in over a month. There are many excuses that I can throw at you. I could even invite you to my pity party.
I am not going to do that anymore. I am just going to write, write, write! Daily Signs of Hope is just that. I should be putting out posts that give you. I should forget my troubles and share what my hurts are and how I have overcome them.
A year ago I was in the fast lane doing daily posts and reaching out to over 108,000 subscribers. The site crashed and left me with zero. All 108,000 are going.
I am asking you to show the hackers that they didn’t win. I am asking you to subscribe and help me build this blog back up to where it is helping people every day. Just click on the subscribe sign at the top right.It will guide you from there.
Then you will get a post in your box every time one is written, that is full compassion, love, and hope.
So, what are we doing here today. What meaning is there to life. Is there a reason why I was born?
It is near Christmas time. It is supposed to be a time of joy and happiness. Not all people feel that way. Some don’t have what others take for granted. Examples could be: No home, Job, health insurance, or family. There are many more some people are facing, but I am pretty sure you get the picture.
So, what can we do to help stop that?
I have thought about this for several months. What on earth can I do to reach out to those who are suffering?
- If it is a neighbor who is suffering. Call them and give them some kinds words. Go to them just to talk and be a friend.
- Check the senior centers in your area. There are seniors there every day who have no one to talk to, or be friends with. An hour from you being with them can give them hope.
- There are more and more assisted living homes in our areas. That is a place that is oozing with people have have been left and forgotten. I know because my mother was int one before she passed. I was there every day to cheer her up, but as I looked around there were so many who were just sitting in a corner looking sad. CHEER THEM UP!
- Send a letter to someone you know is hurting. It can be short but loaded with hope. Getting a letter can brighten anyone’s life.
- You finish making this list. I am sure, by now you have thought of some other things you can do. ENJOY!
Some other thoughts I have come up with this week are: Everyone seems to greet you with “Happy Holiday!” What does that mean to you? Saying Happy Holiday, literally, means Holy Day. Christmas is not a Holy Day. It is the birth of Jesus Christ. A common man who was a carpenter. Never really had a home. He lived with believers.
Speaking of Jesus Christ…think about this. As a mother or father, how would you feel if your only son was dead at 33? That sounds very sad, but Jesus was crucified when he was only 33 years old. I can’t imagine the torment I would be feeling if I watch as they hung one of my son’s up on a cross to die, and yet Jesus didn’t thinking of us. He did it for us so that we can have eternal life.
Now I am speaking right at you. Yes you!
Never feel alone. Never assume no one cares for you. Never hide from the world because you feel you have no self worth. I love you! I really do. If you need special help fill out the comment section, and I will pray for you.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You and never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!!
+++Check out my author site at https://dougbolton.com/ Updates on the new book: “Signs of Hope for the MIlitary: In and Out of the Trenches of Life.”